Cooking Almond Dacoise
Almonds are often used in baking, and many cooks seek to learn as many recipes with this ingredient as possible. Today, in this article, step-by-step preparation of almond Dacoise is a sponge cake made from nut flour.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Not all cities have shops where you can buy ready-made almond flour. Therefore, most often it is prepared independently from nuts. To do this, choose a quality, dry, evenly colored product without a suspicious smell.
Did you know? In the US state of California, almond trees bloom in the second half of February. Every year on the 16th of the winter month in the United States celebrate National Almond Day.
To make flour, you will need a coffee grinder or a blender. Rinse the nuts, dry them and lightly fry them in a dry skillet. Then grind into powder. Such a product is not stored for a long time, so there is no need to cook it for the future. Also, do not peel it, since whole flour is better absorbed by the body.
Before cooking, take about an hour to get eggs out of the refrigerator. Proteins at room temperature beat better, the foam is lush and very airy. Beating utensils should be perfectly clean and dry.Any fat or water can negate all the efforts of the cook.
Important! Yolks are suitable for cooking custard, for example, lemon Kurd, which will give the sweet recipe a little citrus freshness.
Dacoise recipe without coconut
Immediately it is desirable to prepare a form, parchment, pastry bag with a nozzle having a round hole of 12 mm. If the baking is on the baking sheet, and not in the form, then on the parchment (on the back) with a simple pencil draw the desired shape of the future cake.
10 servings 60 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Sift wheat flour and powdered sugar into a bowl, add almond powder. Stir the dry mixture well.
- In a clean dish, beat the proteins at low speed in order to mix them into a homogeneous mass. After the appearance of bubbles on the surface, increase the speed to medium speed.
- When the mass assumes the consistency of a dense foam with soft peaks, add sugar in portions without increasing the speed of the mixer.
- As a result, the protein mixture should become smooth and shiny, when the bowl is tilted, the foam does not move out. Ready meringue should keep in shape.
- The dry mixture is added in small portions to the whipped proteins, stirring from top to bottom with a wooden or silicone spatula. Long kneading is not necessary, only to combine the two masses.
- Then the pastry bag is filled with the resulting dough and squeezed onto the parchment with a spiral. Start from the center, end with the edge of the form. From this amount, 5 cakes are obtained.
- To form a thin crust on the outside of the cake, sprinkle it with icing sugar and let stand for about 7 minutes before baking.
- Bake Dacoise, in a preheated to +170 degrees oven, for 20 minutes.If the cakes are small in shape (less than 15 cm in diameter), the time is reduced to 15 minutes. Parchment is removed only from a completely cooled cake, otherwise it can be damaged.
For the preparation of Dacoise cake, you can use any cream:
- black or white chocolate ganache;
- fruit Kurds or coolies.
Based on different preferences, cocoa, fruits that do not secrete a lot of juice or chopped candied fruits are added to the almond cake. For allergic people to gluten, instead of wheat flour, coconut flakes are added to the cakes. Crispy almond biscuit on the outside and soft inside is used to make cookies, pastries and cakes. The popularity of cakes lies in the delicate taste and airiness of the dough.