Cooking almond flour and dishes from it
Almond flour (powder) is used in culinary art not only for baking the well-known cookies called "pasta", but also for other sweets. This product is difficult to get on the market because of the high cost. Therefore, you can use the easy recipe for making almond flour at home. How to cook this ingredient and desserts recipes in which it is used, read on.
Almond Flour Ingredients
In order to start preparing delicious French desserts from almond flour at home, you will need to choose the right ingredients for its preparation. For the manufacture of powder you will need - almonds and water. Nuts should be raw, then it will be easier for the chef to separate their kernels from the peel. Water can be taken from a well or purchased at a store.
Almonds for making flour should be whole, without chips and diaper rash, because if the product is of poor quality, the taste of the dish will be spoiled.
Cooking flour will generally take 45 minutes. It will take half an hour to dry and 15 minutes to grind in a blender or coffee grinder. In order to get 80 g of flour, you need to take 100 g of almonds.
When chopping almonds, one must observe the measure, because if the grinding is too intense, then the nuts will begin to secrete oil and ultimately the powder will become unsuitable for baking pasta or other sweets.
Step by step instructions for making almond powder:
- Boil water in a saucepan, about 200 g.
- Pour boiled nuts in boiling water for 60 seconds.
- Then you need to drain the liquid, and spread the nuts on a dry surface and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Each core must be separated from the skin. To do this, press on the nut and it can easily separate from the peel.
- Put the resulting raw material on a baking sheet and pat it again with a paper towel.
- Put the kernels in the oven to dry at a temperature of + 80 ° C for 30 minutes. During the drying process, the nuts are mixed at intervals of 7-10 minutes.
- Next, the kernels are thrown into a blender and crushed at high speed. Every 5-7 seconds, you need to stop the grinding process so that the flour is loose, and not lumped.
- The resulting powder must be sieved through a fine sieve. The remainder can be used to cook other dishes.
Video: Cooking Almond Flour
Various desserts are prepared on the basis of this ingredient: cookies, cakes, pastries, pies, etc. There are many recipes using almond flour, which differ in the degree of complexity and composition of the products. Baking with almonds is hearty and healthy. It is better absorbed by the body than sweets based on yeast dough.
13 pcs. 30 min.
150 g + 50 g for the filling
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- First you need to cook pasta flour. For this, the nuts are soaked in boiling water for 1 minute.
- After draining the liquid and pat them dry towel.
- Separate the kernels from the peel and put them in the oven for drying for 30-40 minutes.
- The dried kernels are ground in a coffee grinder until powder is obtained.
- The output should be 150 g of almond flour, it is mixed with powdered sugar by whipping with a whisk or sifting these products through a large sieve.
- Next, pour 55 g of protein into a mixture of flour and powder and knead until a homogeneous mass without dry ingredients.
- Place the resulting dough under the cling film and set aside.
- Next, a meringue is prepared, for which it will be necessary to put sugar with water on the fire.
- The syrup should reach a temperature of + 118 ° C.For this procedure, use a special thermometer with a probe.
- When the water begins to boil with sugar, you can begin to whip the remaining 55 g of protein in the mixer.
- When the syrup reaches the required temperature, it is poured into a mixer for whipping proteins. The process of adding syrup should be done in a thin stream. After its complete introduction, work continues with the mixer at full speed for 60 seconds.
- Then the speed is reduced and the whipping procedure is continued until the mass cools completely.
- The resulting meringue is divided into 3 parts. Each of them in turn to mix in the early cooked dough.
- If desired, food coloring is added to the dough so that the cookies are colored.
- Place the dough in a pastry bag.
- Place a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Use a pastry bag to form pasta.
- When the calculation is over, you need to slightly move the baking sheet under the dough so that it takes a more flat shape and all the bubbles that may be inside are gone.
- Place the pan in the oven at + 135 ° C for 12 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling with a mixer: cream cheese, powder and cream.
- In the filling, you can also add food coloring. To do this, divide the resulting mass into as many plates as there are paint colors available.
- For the convenience of applying the filling on cookies, put it in a pastry bag and squeeze portions onto one half of the pasta.
- Then cover the pasta with the filling with another half of the cookies. The dessert is ready.
Did you know? On a Christmas holiday in Switzerland, it is customary to put one almond nut in a pie baked in honor of the festival. A person who finds this surprise in the future expects a monetary profit.
1 kg2 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- First, prepare the egg pudding. To do this, in a saucepan you need to mix milk, 150 g of sugar, 8 pcs. egg yolks and almond oil.
- After thorough mixing, the resulting mass is put on a slow fire.
- Cooking pudding lasts 5-7 minutes, during this time it needs to be stirred so that the mass does not burn.
- Pour the resulting mass into a glass container and cover with cling film so that it fits snugly on the surface of the pudding, this procedure is required so that a crust does not form on its surface during cooling.
- To prepare the cakes, beat 8 egg whites. with salt and sugar. In order for the sugar to dissolve well, it is added gradually, without ceasing to interfere with the mass of the mixer.
- When the egg mass reaches strong peaks, it interferes with almond flour. Do this procedure with a spoon. It is necessary to stir the dough clockwise, while you should not make hasty movements, because they can cause the egg mass to settle and then the cake will not be airy.
- Next, the dough is divided into 2 parts. Each of which is individually baked on a baking sheet at a temperature of + 160 ° C for 20 minutes. If possible, the cakes can be baked at the same time.
- While the baking is cooling, you need to lightly fry the almond petals in a pan.
- Now you need to cook the filling. To do this, remove the film from the already prepared pudding.
- Then soften the butter with a mixer.
- Pour the butter pudding and continue working with a mixer.
- Put the resulting mass into the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After the filling is infused, it is divided into 2 parts and laid out first on one cake, and then on the second.
- Almond petals are laid out on top of the filling.
- Ready dessert sent to the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
Did you know? The aroma of almonds is very appetizing. Therefore, people who want to lose weight, it is better to avoid this smell.
10 pcs. 2 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Whole oranges must be poured with water and put on fire.Boil the fruit for 25 minutes, then drain the water and repeat the boiling process again for another 25 minutes.
- Cut the oranges together with the skin into pieces and grind in a blender until a puree mass is formed.
- Mix this mass with flour and baking powder.
- Next, add the yolks from 4 eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the remaining proteins with sugar and slowly mix into the total mass.
- Put the dough in molds and send in the oven for 60 minutes at a temperature of + 175 ° C.
Using a simple recipe, almond flour can be made at home. Thanks to this, now every culinary specialist can prepare delicious French desserts on their own. At will, ready-made muffins can be decorated with powder.