Cranberry liqueur at home
From cranberries, you can make various drinks, including alcoholic. From this berry, a delicious liquor is obtained, which, among other things, contains vitamins and other beneficial substances. If desired, its taste and aroma can be tinted with spices. For its manufacture at home, you do not need special equipment. The recipe for cranberry liqueur is simple, and it’s easy for anyone to make it.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
For the preparation of cranberry liqueur, fully ripe berries are suitable, as they have a more pronounced taste and aroma of cranberries. In this case, slightly rumpled fruits are quite suitable. You can also use frozen cranberries, but before that it needs to be thawed.
Berries are pre-sorted and rotted copies removed, and then washed and allowed to drain water. Berries should be carefully washed. Getting into the liquor of rotten, spoiled or immature fruits will adversely affect the taste of the product.
Cranberry Liqueur Recipe
1.5 liters of 2 sets of 20 minutes.
250 g (glass)
vodka (or moonshine, alcohol 40–45%)
1 PC. (optional)
1 PC. (optional)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pass the cranberries through a meat grinder and pour the resulting berry puree into a glass jar.
- Add the alcohol component (vodka, diluted alcohol or moonshine) to the container with mashed potatoes, mix and close tightly.
- Allow the mixture to infuse in a dark place under room conditions for 4 days. Shake the jar of tincture daily.
- Strain the tincture through several layers of gauze in a pan and squeeze the cake.
- Add sugar to the drink.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Heating should not be strong so that the alcohol does not evaporate too much.
- Crush the clove bud and cardamom a little, and then place them in a gauze bag, which should be lowered for 5 minutes in tincture.
- Pull gauze with spices and cool cranberry liqueur to room temperature.
- Pour the finished drink into a glass container. Cork well and take to storage.
Video recipeCranberry Liqueur Recipe Video Recipe: Cranberry Liqueur Recipe
You need to store this alcohol in a cool, dry place without access to sunlight. The basement or cellar is best suited, in a city apartment - a refrigerator or pantry. In winter, you can take a drink to the balcony. Shelf life is up to 3 years.
Cranberry liqueur is easily made at home, but the berries for it should be well ripened and not spoiled. The resulting drink can be served with tea or coffee, desserts, or drink after meals, like a digestif. In winter, this drink will help the immune system, but should not be abused.