Does ginger help with thrush, recipes
One of the most popular spices in the world is ginger. Since ancient times, it has been used for medicinal purposes to prevent various diseases and strengthen immunity. But not everyone knows that the healing root of ginger helps fight such an insidious disease as candidiasis (thrush) caused by Candida.
The healing properties of ginger
For food and medicinal purposes, ginger root is mainly used, since the shoots are not so rich in essential oils and the active burning substance gingerol.
The chemical composition of the root of the plant:
- essential oils (70%);
- starch (23%);
- tannins, alpinin, camperide;
- gingerol resinous substance (it gives the product a characteristic burning taste and intense aroma);
- trace elements: magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin C, B, A;
- bitterness and essential oils (they break down fats in food products, which is why this product is used in almost every dish in Asian cuisine). Ginger grass roots are usually harvested after flowering. Grass can also be used as the basis for tea, but only in small quantities.
With any negative reaction of the body to the spice, you should stop taking it.
- Ginger rhizomes have such healing properties for the human body as:
- prevention of viral and colds, infections;
- strengthening immunity;
- stimulation of the secretion of gastric juice and digestion in general;
- improvement of cerebral circulation;
- acceleration of metabolic processes (shown as seasoning for dishes with obesity);
- increased appetite;
- thyroid stimulation;
- properties of aphrodisiac (enhances libido).
Manifestations of an allergy to this spice can be in the form of: itching of the oral mucosa, coughing, sneezing, swelling of the throat or nose. Too much spice is just as harmful as the complete absence of seasonings from it in the diet. A daily serving should not exceed 100 grams (for adults). For children, ginger rhizomes can be used in pickled form from 7-8 years old (no more than 30 grams per day), in the form of infusion - from 3 years old (up to 400 ml of drink per day), provided there are no allergic reactions.
The use of ginger for medicinal purposes
In ancient medicine, ginger has been used to treat many diseases since ancient times. Today, doctors do not deny its benefits and even recommend eating infusion or a decoction of ginger rhizomes in a condition such as candidiasis (thrush). This disease in both women and men is caused by a fungus of the genus Candida and occurs against a background of weakened immunity even in completely healthy people. However, in women it proceeds with unpleasant symptoms, while men can not be bothered by anything.
Violation of microflora due to a decrease in immunity leads to the appearance of such unpleasant symptoms as itching, burning, pain in the genitals.
Sometimes a strict diet leads to candidiasis, and then against the background of it there is stress, poor health, weakness and dysbiosis. Ginger drink and the use of pickled or raw ginger root for food will help to cope with this condition faster.
With candidiasis, it is first necessary to increase the body's immunity so that it can defeat a fungal disease on its own. To treat thrush, apply fresh, pickled ginger or rhizome infusion in the form of tea with additives.It is important to follow a special diet during an illness, an easy diet, in which it is necessary to limit sweet foods, bread, any pastries and sweets. This is due to the fact that against the background of fermentation in the digestive tract caused by an excess of carbohydrates and simple sugar, fungal diseases progress and are more difficult to defeat.
- The following conditions may be contraindications for the use of ginger for medicinal purposes:
- stomach ulcer;
- ulcerative colitis;
- duodenal ulcer;
- postoperative period.
Medicinal ginger root tea
For the preparation of healing tea, you will need the following ingredients:
- ginger rhizome - 50 g;
- water - 1 l;
- spices - cloves, star anise, black caraway seeds.
- Peel the ginger root, cut into circles or grate on a coarse grater.
- Boil water, pour raw materials with water, let it brew (you can use a thermos).
- Add star anise and cloves to slightly cooled tea (1 star anise star and 2 inflorescences of dried cloves).
- To use the drink warm, with a small amount of honey or Jerusalem artichoke syrup (natural sweetener).
- It is forbidden to add sugar or its substitutes to the drink.
- Best time to eat: after meals, in an amount of 200 ml.
It is recommended that you drink natural ginger tea or infusion for one to two months until the symptoms of candidiasis are relieved. It is imperative to combine the use of a vitamin drink with a diet without artificial sugars and sweets. With the right approach to treatment, after a week you can notice a noticeable improvement in well-being and feel a decrease in the unpleasant symptoms of candidiasis.