Dogrose with breastfeeding
The appearance of the baby is a responsibility for a woman, since his nutrition is completely dependent on her. It is important to know what is possible and what is not possible during lactation. There are certain foods that can increase the amount of milk or change its taste for the worse. Rosehip is considered a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. In the article, we will consider whether it is possible to use it for a nursing mother, since food products that are used in ordinary life are not always suitable for her.
Can I have a dogrose while breastfeeding
This question is often asked by women after the birth of the baby. Many are aware of its beneficial properties: it activates the body's defenses and boosts immunity. During breastfeeding, increasing the ability of the body to confront various ailments is especially important.
However, doctors are of the opinion that you can eat everything, but only in moderation. It is precisely because of the presence of useful substances in rose hip that it often acts as a raw material for the preparation of medicines not only in folk, but also in official medicine.
Did you know? In the fruits of the plant described there is a large amount of vitamin C, as well as essential oils, which are able to destroy bacteria and stop inflammatory processes.
In it you can find:
- vitamins of different groups;
- essential oils;
- organic acids;
- Such a wide range of useful components helps to have the following effects on humans:
In addition, it is noted that taking a decoction based on these berries will help increase the amount of milk: in it, the concentration of substances is optimally correlated with the benefits. More concentrated substances can provoke the manifestation of allergic reactions and disruptions in the development of a growing baby's body.
Influence on the child
For a newborn whose only food is mother’s milk, the use of the described product will have a positive effect if all the recommendations are observed:
- Vitamin C will help boost immunity and resist colds.
- Useful substances normalize the metabolic process in infants.
- The collection of minerals and trace elements will have a beneficial effect on the overall development of the baby.
- Folic and ascorbic acids strengthen blood vessels.
- A balanced number of components will help normal growth and function of internal organs and glands.
On the shelves of shops and pharmacies there are ready-made mixes for making drinks, but you can make a drink yourself at home.
Do not start using rose hips immediately after the hospital - It is advisable to wait about a month. During this period, the mother becomes accustomed to the child and to the world around him.
All this is stress for the baby, so the pediatricians advise the mother to adhere to some dietary restrictions - thus, an additional load will not be carried out on the child's body. Mom will be able to add variety to her diet a little later.
Important! The introduction of food into the diet of a nursing mother should be carried out in stages and in small doses. Otherwise, after feeding, you can detect the appearance of a rash, irritation on the skin, or an upset digestive system in the baby.
You may notice that the baby is already strong and used to the new environment. Now you can start trying something new. It is necessary to observe the rules for introducing new food.Some mothers keep a special food diary in which every day they write down everything they eat.
Thus, they will be able to see the cause of a possible allergic reaction in the baby. Initially, you need to try 1 tsp. infusion or decoction of rose hips. Carefully monitor the child's reaction to innovation. There is a point of view that getting used to the product and the appearance of an allergic reaction takes 3 days.
If everything is normal after this period, it means that you can start introducing the next product. In a situation where there will be some deviation, it is worth postponing the reception for 1-2 months.
The effect of rosehip on lactation
Those mothers who used rose-based drinks for breastfeeding talked about increasing the amount of milk. At home, it is desirable to prepare an infusion. During heat treatment, a large amount of nutrients is lost.
Proper brewing and consumption will help increase lactation.
Most often, enameled dishes or a thermos are used for cooking. With the help of such a simple drink, mom will be able to provide not only nutrition to the baby, but also protect herself, as well as him from colds.
The plant is able to increase the production of female sex hormones, as well as divert fluid from tissues to the vessels of the mammary glands. It is this action that increases the amount of milk.
How to use
You need to start taking with a small amount of substance. The maximum amount of volume of a drink before feeding can be 150 ml. Initially, the minimum amount is 1 tsp, and only in the absence of side effects can the amount be increased.
This applies to the use of not only a decoction, but also tea or compote. If the mother likes the taste characteristics of such a drink and the child has no problems with its absorption, then you can drink such drinks daily. It is recommended to hold receptions in the form of 1-2 courses in 3-4 weeks.
If you need to take syrup from rosehip berries, then you should be more careful. This remedy is more concentrated. Initially, the dose should be about 0.5 hours per day, and gradually increase it to 100 ml.
Important! Remember that the benefits of taking herbal preparations may be less than the harm done to the mother and baby: this is due to a violation of the regimen of use.
Quite often, the use of rosehip berries can be limited by prohibitions.
- It is contraindicated for people with:
- chronic constipation;
- dermatological diseases;
- gastric ulcer or exacerbation of gastritis.
If at least one of the points listed above is inherent in you, then the doctor should decide whether or not to drink drinks based on the fruits of the wild rose while breastfeeding.
Neglect of contraindications can lead to an exacerbation of a chronic condition and a deterioration in overall well-being.
Recipes for cooking and taking rose hips
In addition to a wide variety of recipes, there are also requirements that are put forward for cooking. Knowing them is necessary to obtain a quality product.
Find out also
Here they are:
- Rosehip when breastfeeding is recommended to be used only in dried form, since fresh fruits can cause colic and allergic reactions in the newborn.
- Before preparing a drink, you need to sort through the berries and wash them thoroughly.
- It is advisable to carry out the procurement of raw materials with your own hands, since in this case you can be sure of the quality of the plant component.
A plentiful warm drink will help the flow of milk. Drink a drink and wait: 20-30 minutes should pass before feeding.
The main component can be not only the aerial parts of the plant, but also the underground.
To prepare, take:
- 1-2 tbsp. crushed plant materials;
- 1 liter of water.
Put everything in an enameled bowl.Bring to a boil and warm over low heat for about 15 minutes. Cool and strain the resulting broth.
This is the easiest way to make a drink. For it, you will need to chop 1-2 berries and add to the tea pot to ordinary tea. Wait a bit and you can take it. Brew each time preferably fresh raw materials. Since the concentration of the plant component is small, tea can be drunk throughout the day, observing the measure.
Syrup can be prepared from various parts of the plant. During feeding, it is better to give preference to the dry component.
For this tool you will need:
- 200 g of fruit;
- 1 liter of water;
- 700 g of sugar.
- Rinse the berries in warm water and transfer to a saucepan.
- Pour boiling water and close the lid, boil for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and do not open the container - the berries should be well infused, 3-4 hours will be enough for this.
- Separate the cake from the liquid, add sugar.
- Boil the mass until thickened: often it takes 15–20 minutes.
Did you know? In the world there are about 400 species and 50,000 varieties of rose hips.
To get compote, you can use both whole and chopped berries.
For him, take:
- 2 l of water;
- a handful of fruits.
- Boil the combined components over low or medium heat.
- To add flavoring shades, you can add a little sugar and a pinch of salt, often put a slice of lemon.
- Brew the drink for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it brew a little; you can also add your favorite dried fruits to the drink.
Video: rosehip compote
To prepare this tool, you need:
- 4–5 Art. raw materials;
- 1 liter of water.
- Grind the plant component.
- Put everything in a thermos and pour boiling water. Close tightly and insist 10-12 hours.
- Strain the finished infusion. Add some sugar.
- The second version of the sweetener is honey. In the absence of an allergic reaction in the baby, you can use it.
Summarizing all of the above, we note that it is possible to introduce the examined plant into the diet of a nursing mother only 2 months after the birth of the baby. This is a product with moderate allergic activity, so it is administered gradually. Mom is directly connected with the baby, as she is breastfeeding - accordingly, you must first consult with your doctor about the feasibility of using a drink based on a wild rose.